A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Georgy Girl (1966)

No reason to watch this movie. I'd enjoyed the theme song, recorded by The Seekers, for some time, so I put the movie on my queue. Next thing I knew I was watching it. It's pretty weird sample of the "bleak post-war English life" genre. It's about a chubby girl whom James Mason wants as his mistress and who fools around with her smoking hot (Charlotte Rampling) roommate's boyfriend sometimes. The roommate is really detestable, those scenes are fun. The roommate's boyfriend is so pathetic it made me squirm. And in related wikipedia'ing I learned that James Mason wrote a book called "The Cats In Our Lives."

But the opening credits are a worthwhile short film, if anyone on here has three minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment