A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Proposal (podcast) 2010

I listened to this movie playing while I was doing something else at an angle where I could not see the television. Here are my observations:

1. By the end of the movie, I was able to believe that Sandra Bullock's character had become less "bitchy," but not that she and Ryan Reynolds had fallen in love. Their love may have been conveyed through a series of romantic glances and shared, quiet tendernesses which I missed by not seeing the visuals.

2. There is an awesome scene in which the two leads announce their fake engagement and everyone in the room yells that they want to see a kiss (bear in mind, the assembled are merely reacting to an announcement, not watching Ryan Reynolds propose). "We want to see you kiss!" "Kiss her!" Apparently, and I can only imagine how it went down, the kiss was not satisfactory. The crowd (composed of family and friends) demands more: "No! A real kiss!" "Really kiss her like you mean it!" Be forewarned, lovebirds: I will be ordering a lot more of you to kiss each other, and I will not be denied.

3. Ryan Reynolds is pretty much a spoiled dick in this movie (based solely on the audio).

No comments:

Post a Comment