A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

A place for FF's to write and read brief reviews of books and films for the benefit of other FF's.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hanna

I liked this movie. Saoirse Ronan is great. She's my favorite teen girl kicking ass in a movie so far (sorry Chloe Moretz). The movie overdoes it on fairy tale metaphors (one scene in particular is ridiculous) and there were some plot points that were never fully explained, but I didn't really care because overall it was this nice teenage coming-of-age story with cool action sequences. Cate Blanchett is great in it and very convincing as a psycho spinster villain. The British teenager from Tamara Drewe is also in this and very funny. Also people should see Tamara Drewe.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the above. Just thought I'd add that a lot of this movie is about the music (chemical brothers) and the locations. Both are fun.

    ReplyDelete